Terms & Conditions
1. These general terms and conditions constitute the contract binding the parties, excluding any of the client’s own conditions. Exceptions to these terms and conditions, require written consent of “Choux de Bruxelles”, a group of companies comprising : “Groupe Choux de Bruxelles SA”, “A Propos Catering SPRL”, “A Propos SA”, “Fresh Belgium SA”, “RGMP SPRL”, “PBA-PSK Catering SPRL”, “Good Robinson SA”, “Ostend Sea Place SA”, “Café Georgette SPRL”, “L’Arche du Gourmet SPRL”, “EP CONCEPT SPRL”. The non-implementation of any clause included in these general terms and conditions may not be interpreted as a waiver of that clause by Choux de Bruxelles in the future.
2. Offers by Choux de Bruxelles are made without commitment. Choux de Bruxelles may only be considered committed when it has accepted an order in writing and payment of the requested deposit has been made. In all circumstances the prices stated in the offer will no longer be valid if the offer has not been accepted by the client and by Choux de Bruxelles within a period of 15 days of the date appearing at the bottom right of the offer letter.
3. The offer is net of the cost of water, fluids or any food or electricity supply.
4. The offer is calculated on the basis of the number of guests anticipated. Any change in the number of participants automatically entails a price revision in respect of fixed costs such as those for staffing and equipment. In all cases, Choux de Bruxelles “fixed fee” contractual conditions oblige it to revise its prices if the number envisaged or catered for is more than 10% less than the number communicated at the time the “fixed fee” offer was made. In all cases Choux de Bruxelles contractual conditions oblige it to revise its prices if the number envisaged or catered for is more than 10% less than the number stated at the time the fixed offer was made.
5. Any increase in the cost of raw materials, equipment or staffing costs arising between the order and its performance will automatically give rise to an adjustment of any prices which have been set on that express condition, though any such increase may not exceed 25% of the amount of the accepted offer.
6. In cases where the order also includes the provision of services, the client gives its express permission to Choux de Bruxelles to engage, in the form of a contract for the supply of services, any waiters and additional staff necessary for the fulfilment of the conditions stipulated in the offer, of which the client states his awareness and which the client accepts. The client commits to reimbursing any such costs upon the first demand. The client expressly states that Choux de Bruxelles cannot be held responsible for any matters arising within the framework of this mandate and that it will indemnify against any action that may be taken against the latter by a member of staff used.
7. Any revision made after the acceptance of the order must be submitted to Choux de Bruxelles in writing by at the latest the start of the event, with the understanding that Choux de Bruxelles has the right to amend its offer accordingly.
In particular, the client undertakes to communicate in writing any increase in numbers of guests by at the latest 15 days before the start of the event. If the client communicates an increase in the number of guests with less than 15 days notice before the start of the event, it expressly agrees that the additional guests will be charged to it at 125%.
In the event that, and without Choux de Bruxelles having been informed in advance of the aforementioned conditions, the number of guests present is higher than the number of guests announced, the client accepts that the additional guests will be charged to him at the rate agreed in the order of + 50%.
8. The client must ensure that access to its premises and their electrical supply, any air-conditioning installations, and connections are in conformity with the specifications and technical standards of the equipment used at every point.
9. The client undertakes to put at the venue of the event several parking places at the disposal of SPRL Choux de Bruxelles staff.
10. The prices stated in the offer do not take into account any organisational difficulties encountered at certain locations and may be adjusted according to the circumstances.
11. The client also undertakes to take all necessary precautions for the adequate protection of its premises from any kind of damage that might result from the event organised. Moreover, the client is conscious of the fact the organisation of the events requested may cause nuisance or damage to its goods. The client therefore accepts that, in its contractual relationship with Choux de Bruxelles, it will not engage the latter’s liability for whatever reason if the damage does not exceed €2.500.
12. Cancellation of an order by the client must be done by registered mail. In the event of cancellation of the client’s order with more than 15 days notice before the event (post date of the registered letter), the client undertakes to indemnify Choux de Bruxelles to the amount of a fixed fee of 25% of the agreed business, on top of the reimbursement of Choux de Bruxelles for all costs incurred up to the date of cancellation.
In the event of cancellation of the client’s order with less than 15 days notice before the event, the client undertakes to indemnify Choux de Bruxelles to the amount of a fixed fee of 50% of the agreed business, on top of the reimbursement of Choux de Bruxelles for all costs incurred up to the date of cancellation.
13. All invoices are payable immediately and in full. Your reservation becomes effective only after payment of an advance of 50% into our bank account. Amounts payable but not paid on time will automatically and without notice give rise to interest on arrears of 1% per month and a fixed and irreducible fee of 15% with a minimum of €125 by way of damages and interests.
14. Any rental of equipment is at the sole responsibility of the client who will be liable for any loss or damage of whatever kind, accidental or not, to it. Thus any damage, particularly to table coverings (burns, stains…) or to equipment will be charged to the client.
15. Parties expressly agree that invoices not challenged by registered mail within 8 days of the invoice date, will be deemed to have been accepted.
16. In the event of a justified complaint, Choux de Bruxelles responsibility cannot exceed the value of the goods supplied. Whatever the circumstances, Choux de Bruxelles denies all liability for damage because of late delivery caused by difficult access to the client’s premises or insufficient preparation of the premises, and more generally in the event of force majeure or situations beyond its control.
In the event of an accident attributable to Choux de Bruxelles, the client agrees not to claim damages exceeding the amount of € 1,000,000 for bodily harm, material damage and consequential financial loss and €250,000 for immaterial non-consequential damage, these amounts being the maximum intervention of the professional risks civil liability insurance policy taken out by Choux de Bruxelles. The client undertakes to take out all insurance needed for the type of event it organises, in particular for the equipment with which it is entrusted.
17. Invalidity of one clause of these terms and conditions does not affect the validity of any other stipulations.
18. This agreement is subject to the laws of Belgium and the courts of the Brussels’ legal district are exclusively competent for disputes resulting from them.
Terms and Conditions for the provision of event spaces
These Terms and Conditions apply to any room(s) provided by a member of the entity hereinafter referred to as “Choux de Bruxelles”, a company group comprising: “Groupe Choux de Bruxelles SA”, “A Propos Catering SPRL”, “A Propos SA”, “Fresh Belgium SA”, “RGMP SPRL”, “PBA-PSK Catering SPRL”, “Good Robinson SA”, “Ostend Sea Place SA”, “Café Georgette SPRL”, “L’Arche du Gourmet SPRL”, “EP CONCEPT SPRL”. In so far as they are not waived by any special contractual provisions (hereinafter “the Contract”), agreed between “Choux de Bruxelles” and the “Client”. Consequently, the ‘Client’ may not claim for its own Terms and conditions or Special Conditions to apply, even if they provide that these are the sole applicable conditions.
Offers and options
Offers and options given are valid for a maximum period of 15 calendar days. If a third party wishes to confirm the said date within this validity period, a 24 hour period will be granted to the client in first option to confirm his date. Beyond this term, and if no confirmation in writing has been sent by the client, Choux de Bruxelles reserves the right to automatically cancel the options.
The options given are to be confirmed within the fortnight by faxing the signed form for agreement to Choux de Bruxelles Sales Department on 02 359 92 45.
A deposit of 100% of the estimated total amount for the provision of the event space will be charged to the client on receipt of confirmation. The reservation for the function room and catering will only be guaranteed upon receipt of this deposit.
A final invoice will be issued after the event by “Choux de Bruxelles”, a company group comprising: “Groupe Choux de Bruxelles SA”, “A Propos Catering SPRL”, “A Propos SA”, “Fresh Belgium SA”, “RGMP SPRL”, “PBA-PSK Catering SPRL”, “Good Robinson SA”, “Ostend Sea Place SA”, “Café Georgette SPRL”, “L’Arche du Gourmet SPRL”, “EP CONCEPT SPRL” : rental, other charges, catering…
The balance for the offer is payable no later than one week before the event. The leased premises will be however made available on the only condition of payment of all open invoices to “Choux de Bruxelles”, group of the companies “Groupe Choux de Bruxelles SA”, “A PROPOS Catering SPRL”, “A PROPOS SA”, “Fresh Belgium SA”, “RGMP SPRL”, “PBA-PSK Catering SPRL”, “Good Robinson SA”, “Ostend Sea Place SA”, “Café Georgette SPRL”, “L’Arche du Gourmet SPRL”, “EP CONCEPT SPRL”.
All our invoices are payable immediately and in full, net and without any discount in euros into the account mentioned on the rental offer. Any invoice remaining unpaid in whole or in part, will automatically bear a 1% arrears interests per month on the unpaid amount. In addition, failure to pay the invoice will result in a 15% increase of this invoice with a minimum of €125 as a fixed and irrevocable indemnity.
Change made by the Client (all changes shall be made in writing)
The change in the date of provision of a function room postponed to a later date is permitted subject to availability of spaces, only If the new date is set within six months from the scheduled date of the event and if in the period remaining and preceding the said confirmed date, the Choux de Bruxelles Sales Team is able to find another client.
Cancellation by the customer (all changes must be made in writing)
In case of cancellation (total or partial) of the contract by the Client, and notwithstanding the external cause or beyond the control of the Client, or is the result of an event of force majeure, the fixed amount of cancellation fees shall be calculated from the date of receipt of the email or letter of cancellation prior to the event date, in percentage (%) of the total amount of the contract or the partial cancellation: more than 141 days (25% of the amount), 140-91 days (50% of the amount), 90-31 days (75% of the amount), 30-0 days (100% of the amount).
In any case, all amounts previously paid or due at the date of cancellation will remain earned by Choux de Bruxelles and the amounts remaining to be paid shall be payable to Choux de Bruxelles within 10 days from the cancellation, and subject to Choux de Bruxelles right to claim additional damages. All liabilities, costs or expenses incurred by Choux de Bruxelles on the customer’s account will always be borne by the customer.
Termination by Choux de Bruxelles
Choux de Bruxelles may terminate the contract immediately and automatically at any time without notice or legal action in the event where the contracting party does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or in case of a serious breach by the customer, for example and not limited to: unilateral change of the object of the event made by the Client; of program ou speakers; if the customer fails to pay within the due period; if the customer does not comply with the safety rules, sound equipment rules or administrative obligations; the customer’s bankruptcy or any similar situation of the Client; the existence of specific indications of risk to personal security or disturbance to public order; etc.
In case of termination for serious breach of the Client, the Client remains liable to pay the total price of the contract. In any case, all amounts previously paid or due at the date of the cancellation will remain earned by Choux de Bruxelles and the amounts remaining to be paid shall be payable to Choux de Bruxelles within 10 days from the termination, and subject to Choux de Bruxelles right to demand additional damages. All liabilities, costs or expenses incurred by Choux de Bruxelles on the customer’s account will always be borne by the customer.
Liability and Insurance
Choux de Bruxelles shall bear no liability whatsoever for any direct consequences of fortuitous events or of force majeure cases that prevent or hinder the performance of the contract.
The customer shall be responsible for all damage to spaces used as well as those caused to the building and its inventory; but also for the damage caused to third parties, by its staff, its suppliers, its subcontractors or anyone introduced in the building by the Client; finally the customer is liable for all damage caused to vehicles, infrastructures and people occurring around the event room or on and around the car park provided.
The Client undertakes to take out the following covers. Damage to buildings, facilities and equipment provided to the Client. The Client shall purchase a Civil Liability Insurance for Even Organisation, for all damage, degradation and deterioration. Damage that may be caused to third parties. Choux de Bruxelles has taken out a insurance covering its own civil liability for all bodily injury or property damage that may be caused by its employees to third parties. It is the responsibility of the Client in their own name and for their employes to take out a civil liability insurance that covers all personal injury and damage they may cause to third parties, including their event participants. Damage to equipment and instruments owned by the Client. Under no circumstances, shall Choux de Bruxelles be responsible for the security, damage or loss of the equipment and/or instruments rented by the Client or owned by him.
Choux de Bruxelles shall receive a copy of the certificates of insurance upon request. Failing to do so, Choux de Bruxelles may terminate this agreement, as provided for in article “Termination by Choux de Bruxelles” in these Terms and Conditions.
Catering shall be exclusively provided by “Choux de Bruxelles catering” or its partners. The client will contact the Sales Department on 02 359 92 40 in order to book the date on the reservation schedule. The exact number of people will be provided in writing/by email no later than one week before the event.
The Client undertakes to adjust its sound equipment to avoid any disturbance on the local residents. In any case, the maximum sound level for amplified music generated in spaces shall not exceed 90 dB measured anywhere in the building where there would generally be people, in accordance with the provisions of the Royal Decree of 24th February 1977, setting the acoustic standards for music in public and private buildings.
The Client undertakes to comply with this provision or any other future and tougher legal or regulatory provision. Failing to do so, Choux de Bruxelles shall reserve its right to take all necessary measures on the event (including turning down the sound system, immediately stopping the event, etc.) and shall reserve the right to seek compensation for the damage suffered.
Furthermore, the customer is also required to comply with the current legislation for their employees, more specifically the Royal Decree of 16 January 2006 on employee health protection and safety against the risks associated with noise issues on the workplace.
The Client also undertakes to pay any royalties, taxes etc. in respect of intellectual rights relating to any audio-visual media that would be broadcast during the term of the contract.
Choux de Bruxelles will be relieved of its obligations with regard to the Client and shall not be liable to compensation in the event of force majeure such as a fire, natural disaster, actions or regulations of the public authorities or court orders, strike, lockout or other forms of social unrest, lack of electric power or other essential services, technical failure or any other or similar cause which are beyond the reasonable control of Choux de Bruxelles. The Client may not claim damages whatsoever. The parties undertake to find an amicable solution for the maximum performance of this contract.
Changes in these conditions will only be that made in writing and with the consent of both parties.
Dispute and litigation
Any protest whatsoever would be inadmissible if not sent to us by registered mail with 8 days from the invoice mailing date. Any dispute relating to the interpretation or the performance of these Terms and Conditions of provision of event space will be arbitrated under the Belgian Law subject to the jurisdiction of the District Courts of Brussels.